Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer Challenge With Biz

Yesterday was another insanely busy day so I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend where I don't do much other than grocery shop and a few chores around the house.

I joined a Summer Challenge on Biz's blog.  My main goal is to eat well enough that I achieve better numbers on my lab work when I have it done again in 6 weeks.  The last lab numbers were absolutely hideous and I've got to get the diabetes in check.  My hypothyroidism is also out of whack, even though I've been taking meds for nearly 13 years.  I'm learning and reading about something called natural dessicated thyroid, which I believe is a hormone treatment.  Hoping to try a new approach to treating the thyroid very soon. 

I am getting ready to do my meal planning for the upcoming week.  This week's mini goal, in hopes of reaching my main goal, is to eat every single meal at home this week.  No eating out, not one single time, for any reason.  I do so poorly when I'm out for several hours and away from home and that has to change.  I'll be scheduling any necessary errands to only last an hour or two so that I'm back at home for each scheduled meal.  This really must become a priority and I'm going to make it one. 

I snapped a pic of breakfast yesterday.  I had made 1/2 a pork loin earlier in the week and it came out really tough.  I didn't want to serve it to Dwayne for dinner, so I decided to use it in my breakfast scrambles the next few days.  I diced it up along with some fresh mushrooms and onions and sauteed for a few mins.  Then mixed it with some egg beaters and a sprinkle of lowfat cheese.  Added some diced tomatoes on top with salt, pepper and hot sauce.  Totally delish. 





I just realized that looks like a large dinner plate.  I assure you it is much smaller than that, lol.  So I'm off to do the meal planning and make my grocery list.  Have a fabulous weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment