Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday Already???

Man this week is flying by!!

Short post tonight...just the facts.  No walk this morning due to early morning errands that ran until 2pm.  No walk at 2pm...I convinced myself if I did, I would surely die of a heat stroke.  Got home and put some chicken in the oven that I'd been marinating in the fridge.  Tuscan and parmesan spice blends with olive oil and fresh lemon juice.  I went ahead and poured the marinade over the chicken and put the lemons in there, too.  I also added some fresh mushrooms and a few leftover stalks of asparagus to make sure they didn't go to waste.  I am really loving marinating with fresh lemon...the fresh taste just can't be beat.  So sunny and delicious.










Biz's Burger Salad post inspired me for tonight's dinner.  I already don't eat my burger on a bun when making them at home, but added a few cucumbers and carrots on top of the normal tomato, onion, lettuce and dill pickle.  Along w/ a swipe of mayo and my all important ketchup.  Totally delish.





So I told Dwayne that we needed to walk more than a mile at the park in the evenings.  3 laps is one mile.  He said he's concerned the dogs wouldn't be able to do 2 miles in this heat and humidity, so we're stepping it up slowly to see how they do.  I think the dogs will be fine, but I'm so tickled that he's still walking with me every day that I'll do whatever it takes to keep him happy.  So slowly it shall be.  Tonight we walked 4 laps instead of 3 and will do so the rest of the week.  Next week we will bump it up to 5 laps, and so on.

Tomorrow morning I have to head back to the tanning salon to do the red light therapy for the NLD on my legs.  They told me it will take 90 days for a full restorative cycle and to see a major difference.  Then they told me if I buy this $99 bottle of "effector" to rub on my legs, that it will cut that time in half.  Hmmmm.  45 days.  Is it worth it?  I don't know yet.  The fact is, I've been living with this crap on my legs for 7 years now.  It's doubtful that I'm spending $99 on a bottle of anything.  But we'll see.  I may get impatient and buy it.  When she saw me waffling, she gave me a $20 tanning pass that she said I could use as a coupon towards the effector, so now it's $80.  Maybe if she can get it down to $50, we'll talk.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Your food looks so yummy and lovely! I love those square plates, too. I like the way you're slowly adding on to the walks...that's the way I increased my time, and it really helped me stick to it without wearing myself out too quickly.

    ReplyDelete