Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekend Re-Cap

Good news on the last post about flaxseed oil tasting like poo.  I added 4 drops of liquid Stevia to the next bowl and it tasted just fine.  Yay!

So...the weekend was pretty busy.  Our spare truck that we bought from my mom about a month ago had been in the shop for a couple of weeks.  The a/c needed to be fixed, finally was, and I took Dwayne to pick that up.  After dropping him at the garage on Saturday, I headed to mom's to pick her and my niece and nephew up to go get the rental car.  They were headed to Florida Sunday morning to meet up with one of my sisters, bro-in-law and their 3 kids for a little vacay. 

When I finally made it back home I wrote up a grocery list and went back out to get that chore done.  Back home to do the regular household chores and then cook dinner.  I made shrimp lo mein that I found on Biz's blog and it turned out ok.  I have to leave certain things out so Dwayne won't freak...like anything green (goodbye cilantro), so it wasn't as good as it could have been, but he was happy and cleaned his plate. 

Sunday I did the grocery errand for an elderly lady that I've been doing for a couple of years.  I have a side business called The Errand Fairy and she is currently my only monthly customer that I work for on a recurring basis.  Every Wed. and Sun. morning is spent buying her groceries.  After that I met up with a friend who has a membership to BJ's Wholesale Club so I could get a few other things.  Dog treats, meats, etc.  With Mom and my sister being out of town together, that left me to take care of Dad.  I'm staying with him from late afternoon, spending the night, and then headed back home each morning to take care of my dogs, do my Ebay listings, etc. 

While in BJ's yesterday I got a call from Dad who was having a mini emergency and needed me to drive up right then.  I had Dwayne meet me at the store to get the groceries and take them home and put them in the fridge while I went to help Dad.  Then back home to do a few things, cook dinner for Dad, etc. and then back up to his house to feed him dinner and spend the night.

I got home this morning to find out the a/c in the house was out of order.  Frozen up.  Running constantly.  So I called someone to come out and fix it and thank God in Heaven it was only a $210 repair.  I just knew they were going to say it was dead for good and time to replace it....$3-4000.  We've been waiting on that to happen.  But not today.  The part that went bad has been replaced but the a/c is still turned off so the lines can thaw completely.  It's a bit uncomfortable but Dwayne will be able to turn it back on when he gets in from work this evening, so tomorrow it should be much more comfortable when I get home in the morning.  Today I have to leave at 4pm to stop by the store and pick up sandwich fixin's and then head back to Dad's.  Was going to cook him a ham, potato salad, veggies, etc. but there's no way I'm turning on the oven today.  Maybe tomorrow.

Mom bought and left me 3 books at her house to read about hypothyroidism.  I told her that I think there's another medicine I'd like to try instead of the synthroid I've been on for 13 years.  I've been reading a lot on FB on this page called Stop The Thyroid Madness and it talks about a natural treatment called Naturally Dessicated Thyroid?  I still don't fully know what that means, but I started reading one of the books she bought last night.  After I get through all 3 of them, I should be better informed on what I need to do to fix my thyroid.  It just doesn't make any sense to be on meds for 13 years, be told you're in the "normal" range, and still have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism, like you're doing nothing at all to treat it. 

I've also found out through my reading that many of my symptoms/issues/pains that I deal with on a daily basis are symptoms for both diabetes AND hypothyroidism.  I never knew a messed up thyroid could make your feet hurt.  I also didn't know that constipation was a problem caused by both diseases.  TMI??  Get used to it, lol.  If I'm going to journal about my health and my goal to fix myself, there's bound to be a ton of TMI in this blog.  :)

I'm off to finish a few more things before heading to Dad's.  Oh, and I joined a challenge on Biz's blog.  101 Days of Summer or something like that.  You had to choose a goal of something you want to accomplish this summer.  My one and only goal is to improve my diabetes enough with my food that I have better lab work numbers in 6 weeks when I have my blood drawn again.  That's where 90% of my focus is going to be.  The other 10% will be keeping the bills paid around here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment