Monday, June 8, 2015

Walking Again

This is my 2nd post of the day but only because I forgot to post last night and threw a small one up this morning as my weekend recap.  I want the norm to be posting in the evenings when my day is coming to a close.

I snapped a few food pics today.  First, some fruit for snacking and meals.







Then some carrots and yogurt:






And finally, some egg cups that I made from Biz's blog post a few days ago about Green Eggs and Ham.  Now I don't have to cook breakfast every single morning and I LOVE that!!  Just 30 seconds in the microwave and voila!  I used ham, egg beaters, mushrooms, onions, a sprinkle of cheese on top with some salt and pepper.  I baked mine at 375 for 20 minutes and they came out perfectly cooked.





I finally started walking again this evening.  I asked Dwayne to go with me and he said yes so we loaded up the dogs and went to a park that's about 1/2 mile down the street from our subdivision.  I need some new shoes but don't have the money to buy them quite yet...I will on the 15th.  Thanks to diabetes AND hypothyroidism my feet hurt immensely every day.  They hurt when I'm on them, and they hurt when I'm sitting or lying in bed.  I have neuropathy where there is numbness but also pains that feel like electrical shocks or bee stings that come and go constantly.  I really don't think new shoes will do a whole lot to ease the pain, but I haven't bought new shoes in about 3 years, so I'm hoping it at least helps a little.  Something will be better than nothing because I certainly need to get moving again!  I took my camera with me to snap a couple of pics with my babies:






We got back home and I watered my flower bed in the front yard and my little garden box in the back yard.  It's after 9p now and I'm winding down for the night.  I think the only thing I have left to do is put some boneless chicken breasts in some marinade.  I'm going to use some Jerk seasoning with some pineapple juice.  That sounds like a good combo to me and will grill the chicken on the Foreman probably tomorrow, along with some shrimp I bought to cook for lunches.  Nite nite.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, came her through the FB Summer Challenge. I like your blog and will start following it. And I love your babies, they are both so cute.

    ReplyDelete