Sunday, June 14, 2015

Wobbly Weekend

Well, I had a plan.  It just didn't work out.  Unexpected things happened on both Sat and Sun that led to one lunch eaten out as well as two dinners.  We did manage to get ourselves to the park on Saturday evening and get a walk in.  I finally saw a little sign that said 3 laps around the track is one mile, so at least now I know how to track how far I'm going.

I've got a new plan to start walking one mile in the morning with one of the dogs, and another mile in the evening with Dwayne and both dogs.  I'm looking forward to getting started with that tomorrow morning.  I've got a jam packed day planned for tomorrow so it will be nice to start it off right with a walk at the park.

Friday's lunch was the best I've had in a long time.  I had a few things to use up in the fridge, so I put them together and came up with this...






I had a couple of squash and a little bit of asparagus and a handful of fresh mushrooms.  I sauteed them with a new Tuscan spice I picked up a couple of weeks ago when the McCormick spices were BOGO at the store:



In a separate pan I sauteed about 8 oz. of shrimp with some fresh basil and then combined them.  I had some fresh fruit on the side and the rest of my baby carrots.  Sooo good!

One of my favorite snacks continues to be the cottage cheese and fresh berries:





Friday's dinner was chicken fettucine alfredo.  For myself, I took 2 oz of noodles and tossed with an entire bag of steamed broccoli and a few mushrooms.  I topped it with a sauteed chicken breast that I cut into pieces.  This was delish but I left at least half the broccoli on my plate.  Silly me forgot to put half of the bag in a separate bowl to use for another meal...I shouldn't have dumped the whole thing in this dish!





Last night I made my batch of egg muffins for breakfasts for the next few mornings.  I sauteed some yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, a couple of pieces of deli ham and few little breakfast chicken sausages I had opened earlier in the week:





I am not a big cheese person, but decided to buy something new and try it on sandwiches last week.  Turns out I do not care for havarti cold or "raw" as I like to say.  However, I didn't want to waste the whole pack so I broke up a couple of slices and put a little square on top of each cup of goodness for my egg muffins.  This cheese tastes MUCH better melted.  It was the perfect touch!







After adding the cheese, I used one of the small cartons of Egg Beaters and poured over top of all 12 cups and voila!









Baked at 375 for 20 minutes....breakfast perfection. :)

As I said, all plans fell apart this weekend and a lot of unexpected stuff had to be taken care of, so I didn't get my meal planning OR my grocery shopping done.  I haven't even had time to look at the sales ad yet.  Those 3 of the things on my list to do tomorrow morning after my walk....check the sales, meal plan for the week and grocery shop.  Hoping this week goes a lot smoother than the weekend did, and I look forward to doubling my exercise this week from last week with adding in the morning walks.  Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes life happens and we don't get to stick to our plans. Your food all looks great, btw!
    I have been taking 2 and sometimes 3 walks a day for some time and really enjoy it - 1 or 2 during breaks at work and 1 in the evening, sometimes with my husband and/or daughter. It really adds up and results in an hour or more of walking every day. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your meals, looks good.

    There are many apps to download to see how far you've walk. I use Mapmywalk to track my walks.

    I love walking and can't wait till my dog is fully recovered. This morning I went for a walk by myself, it felt a bit like cheating to my dog but she was still asleep and didn't notice I was gone.

    ReplyDelete