Monday, June 29, 2015

I Got The Job!

So...let's start back at last Thursday. 

Dwayne's mom called and said she had been sick for a few days, finally went to doctor, he did blood work, got the results back and called her and told her to check herself into the hospital on Thursday afternoon.  She called Dwayne to take her in.  I followed him over to her house and picked up her 13 year old dog, Sasha, to take care of while she was in the hospital.

She had surgery Friday morning with the surgeon saying that was the worst looking scenario he'd ever seen....that her body was full of poison from infection.  Come to find out, she had been seriously ill and on her couch for 3 days, refusing to go to the doctor until the workers finished remodeling her kitchen.  She wanted it done before she could be bothered with a gall bladder attack.  She's damn lucky to be alive.  They are finally letting her go home today.

Due to having all 3 dogs here Thursday night, my two and hers, it was a pretty chaotic night.  I tried to lay on the sofa and get some sleep but it just wasn't happening.  Dwayne finally got home about 1:30 Friday morning and I went to bed with Sasha and Scarlette.  Sasha snored loudly and Scarlette is jealous, so slept right on top of me.  I remember seeing 3am on the clock before I finally fell asleep.  I got up at 7am with the alarm clock to get ready for my job interview.

The interview was fabulous.  It was, by far, the best one I've ever done.  I interviewed with 3 managers for an hour and before leaving, they told me they had one other lady to interview on Monday and that I'd hear something soon after that. 

Less than an hour after I got home, one of the bosses called to say that they were so impressed with me in the interview, that they felt like interviewing the other lady on Monday would just be a waste of their time, and they'd like to extend an offer to me right now.  Ummm....ok!!!  lol

I got a dollar more per hour than I asked for.  And I got BETTER hours that I asked for.  It's 36 hours/week...Mon - Thur is 7:30a-3:30p with a half hour lunch in there, and Fri is 7:30p-2:00p!  How fabulous is that?  This allows me to stagger my work hours with Dwayne's, so that Boomer will only be crated about 7 hours, instead of the 10 hours.  And who wouldn't love to get off work by 2pm every Friday??  I am extremely happy.  I discussed the offer with Dwayne and it only took 10 minutes to call the guy back and tell him I accepted his offer and am ready to go to work.  Due to him being out of town, he asked that my first day be Wednesday, June 8th, so he'll be back in town to start my training.

The eating has been somewhat on the fly since his mom has been in the hospital.  Not totally horrible, just not as healthy as it could have been.  I have been getting all my water in though, and taken all 5 of my meds each day.  We finally got back to walking last night....2 miles at the park.  And I fianlly saw a new low on the scale a couple of days ago...236.4.  It's coming off very slowly, but it's coming off.

Dwayne is at the hospital with his mom now, waiting on her release.  He's going to call me when they're almost back to her house so I can take Sasha over.  I'll be glad when things get back to normal here.  Sasha wasn't a lot of trouble, just needs a lot of care.  She's 13 so that's 91 in human years!!  She's half blind and half deaf and can't walk very well.  My house has 3 sets of stairs in it, so she has to be carried everywhere, she can't go up and down the stairs by herself.  Also, she hasn't wanted her dog food that Judy sent, so I've had to give her people food just to get some calories in her.  Dwayne and I have both been praying that she doesn't pass while in our care...it really doesn't seem like she has much longer, so things have been stressful in every direction for the last several days.

I went out this morning and had my fingerprints done for the new job.  I also filled out some background check paperwork and confidentiality agreement.  I got an email back from the Operations Manager inviting me to come in the office tomorrow at 11am for a Compliance Meeting.  It's not mandatory, but would give me a jump on what they do there and allow me to meet some of the other team members.  Naturally I said I'd be there.  I need to go by a store at some point to pick up a couple of new clothing items and maybe a pair of shoes or two.  I also need to get some Ebay stuff wrapped up before the week gets away from me.

I'm going to try to get back to my normal blogging pattern in the evenings starting tomorrow.  I need to start taking pics again, too.  I think it makes the posts more interesting.  Hope everyone had a lot less stressful weekend than we did.  Here's to getting back on track! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - CONGRATS on the job!!! And congrats on the new low - I just hit a new low of 235.6, so we are right around the same place. Hope things calm down with your mother-in-law and the dog sitting.

    ReplyDelete